What is Hora branch in Vedic Astrology?
The Hora branch deals together with the real interpretations and predictions of the horoscope. Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra is about that. The Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra is the most comprehensive extant work on natal astrology in Hindu Vedic astrology ascribed to any Rishi or sage according to the text . The text was made by Sage Parashara, father of Vedavyasa who had been the compiler of epic Mahabharata for the advantage of Kaliyuga
The various aspects or branches of hora are:
Jātaka Shāstra / Hora Shāstra (Natal astrology or horoscopy): Predictions according to individual horoscope.
- Muhurta or Muhurtha (Electional astrology): Choices of most beneficial/auspicious time to commence an action} to acquire maximum fruition from daily life activities.
- Swara Shāstra (Phonetical astrology): Individual Predictions based on names and sounds|sounds.
- Prashna (Horary astrology): Predictions based on exact time when a query is asked by querent/querist.
- Ankjyotish or Kabala (Numerology): A branch of astrology based on universal number system.
- Nadi Astrology: An early treatise having detailed forecasts for individual people.
- Tajika Shāstra or Varsha Phal (Annual Horoscopy): Astrology based on yearly solar returns
- Jaimini Sutras: A non-conventional procedure of timing of events employed by Indian astrologer Acharya Jaimini.
- Nastjātakam (Lost Horoscopy): Art of tracing or casting lost or missing} horoscopes.
- Streejātaka (female astrology): A specialized branch of astrology only dealing with feminine nativities.
- Graha Samudriki (Astro-Palmistry): Palm reading or studying the palm as horoscope.
- Hasta Rekha or Samudrika Shāstra (Palmistry): Based on palm reading and not treating the palm as a horoscope.
- Padatala Shāstra (Plantarology): Based on the reading of lines, signs and specific marks on the sole
- Shakuna Shāstra (Omens): Predictions based on omens, signs, warnings, and portents.
- Swapna Vidya: Interpretation of dreams.
- Kapala Vidya (Phrenology): Predictions based on the study of the shape and size of the cranium as a supposed indication of character and mental abilities of the person.
- Ākriti Vidya (Physiognomy): Based on structure and arrangement of signs, marks and moles on the body
- Kerala Jyotisha: Predictions based on querist reply or answer regarding the name and color of flower or touching a part of the human body.
- Remedial Astrology: Different modes of Propitiation of planets according to planetary positions in nativity, transits, Elections and for religious functions or purposes.
Why did the great Indian Sages create Jyotish?
The sages created Vedic astrology to help human beings know the previous cycles of their own lives based on the various karma they had created in prior incarnations. The horoscope was designed as a sort of report card to the soul that summarized their level of accomplishment as much as the minute they were born. It revealed the karmic standing of different areas in their life such as family, romance, career, finances, and spiritual expansion. In addition, it revealed when particular karmas from yesteryear were most likely to manifest in the duration of their life. And since Vedic astrology helped people see into blind spots in the past and future, it had been called Jyotir Vidya in Sanskrit, meaning”the science of lighting,” or simply Jyotish (“light”).
What do the Sages state on Destiny and Freewill?
Fate and Karma ( destiny and free will ) are equally strong forces. Yet I Consider free will to be important, because it is our conscious decisions which create our fate – Veda Vyasa (Mahabharata).
The message boldly blazoned across the skies at the moment of birth is not meant to highlight fate -the result of past good and evil – but to excite man’s will to escape from his universal thralldom. What he has done, he could reverse by good responsible actions – Shri Yukteswar ( Autobiography of a Yogi)
Divine awareness would manifest in many forms. It appears as the Planets in order to bestow upon everyone the results of their prior activities and to reflect upon them. This way it teaches them to renounce their evil tendencies and do only good. – Rishi Parashara (Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra)
VEDICOLOGY- CLIENT-GOOGLE REVIEWS
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
Phone: 095000 16000
[njt-gpr location=”Vedicology – Best Vedic Astrologer Numerologist Vastu Consultant Gemmologist In Chennai India” place_id=”ChIJ66BdUhpkUjoRR97hJrr3hew” review_filter=”5″ review_limit=”5″ review_characters=”20″ column=”2″ btn_write=”Write a review” carousel=”ok” cache=”1 Hour” ]
Vedicology – Client – Google Reviews
[njt-gpr location=”” place_id=”ChIJ66BdUhpkUjoRR97hJrr3hew” review_filter=”5″ review_limit=”5″ review_characters=”20″ column=”1″ btn_write=”Write a review” show_write_btn=”yes” cache=”1 Hour” ]